If your organisation has five or more staff members or already has an internal IT infrastructure based around a Domain, Workgroup or similar then you will be aware of how difficult and time consuming the general IT maintenance can be. Standardising your desktop environment can help minimise this problem, you will soon see the benefits.
The benefits of moving towards a standard windows desktop environment:
- A common hardware and/or software platform will provide a more predictable computing environment.
- Administrators can push out patches and software updates more easily.
- It requires little effort to maintain once completed, at least, for the projected life of the systems involved.
- With a standard desktop, deployment can be scripted and automated in a test environment, then follow a strategy that is the same for all standard desktops. This also applies to subsequent updates and upgrades as they are tested and deployed.
- Most employee training on standard hardware can also be standard, only departmental or job specific application training should vary.
- Careful purchase of a small number of extra machines augments existing desktops, creating a loaner pool for easy replacement of out-of service units.
- Downtime following a system failure is minimised due to the speed at which a standard desktop can be deployed.
- Your employees can work at any workstation within the business. No longer tied to a specific desktop your staff can ‘Hot Desk’ as they please.
If you have an enquiry or would like to speak to one of our highly trained and experienced consultants about standardising your desktop fleet then please call us on 0114 362 7000 or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org